DjangoBooks.com

Rhythm, wetness, Gitane DG-300

12346»

Comments

• I chose the neck wood and the top from the collection of pieces that Michael had. The back and sides were adjacent pieces of same wood on my nylon string Michael made for me.

I gave him the neck width and radius dimensions.... oiled rather than lacquer as mynhand slides easier ....and I gave him my desired action height both bass and treble side

We are both of the same mind that a guitar should be tonally balanced and as responsive as the luthier can make it. We talked about what all that meant over a few lunches.

After that...I gave him full artistic licence to create what he wanted. As it got close to time, we agreed that it would be fun to finish the guitar on Django's 100th. The petit bouche is transverse instead of the usual long axis in line with the neck. The guitar has an internal resonator and Michael thinks it is the most responsive of this model he built and one of his special ones. I have to agree.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Jay, very cool, would love to hear you on this guitar. I was thinking today of your earlier post, and on the fact that this thing, an assembly piece of wood, metal and assorted other materials, is a finite, little thing - yet your comment, and Scot's comment, on how wide a voice it can give, if done right (and played in the right hands)....well, another little opening. Thanks.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.