DjangoBooks.com

NEW FORUM!

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014 Posts: 1,471
    That's the problem, at least for me, Buco - I can't see a star in a thread I've created. The only thing I see is the setting/gear thing, "options", which is to edit my original post. All other threads, I can see the follow star. Puzzling...

Edit: HAHAH, as soon as I posted this, of course, I found the little star. To the left of my settings button. On my computer, this forum background - and these buttons - are both white, so the buttons are invisible. I just have to roll around and find them. :)

Thanks, man. Hope you're hanging in there with this brutal weather!

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,813
    By the way did you try tweaking brightness/contrast on you screen?
    It's probably that on your display either one or both are turned up too high.
    Without going through a full screen calibration, probably just a simple increase/decrease of those two will make a lot of difference on your screen's visibility of things like those stars and gray/white shades of a new forum's read/unread topics.

Due to the weather the doctor prescribed Finlaggan and to stay in.
    The word is that it's a young Lagavulin sold under a different label.
    Good stuff and relatively cheap but stay away if you can't stand the peat, it's oozing it.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Buco, right again, brightness just too high. Thanks!

Highland and Speyside man myself, but of the Islay malts, Lagavulin's the king, imho! Now, my nose would drop off if I went out to get some, so will have to make do with a Macallan 10 currently "resting" in our rack. :)

Stay warm, man!
    -Paul

Cheers!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    What does the little grey star do? It's visible on the front page on the right hand side of each thread, just before the two blue squares (Follows/Comments) and to the right at the top of each page when you click yourself into a thread. I accidently touched one while scrolling on my Ipad and it became yellow. I touched it again and it wen't back to gray.
    Matteo, I think that subscribes you to the thread.
    -Paul

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Matteo wrote: »
    What does the little grey star do?

@Matteo the star allows you to bookmark a discussion. Once you bookmark a discussion, you will be notified of any new activity via any methods you select in your notification preferences (i.e. email, popup, etc.)

I see, thanks! I just had a look at the notifications preferences, and saw this: "Notify me when people write on my wall". I think I have heard the word wall from friends who are on Facebook. But I'm not, so I have a very dim idea of what it is. Where is the wall in this forum? And what is this writing on other peoples walls about?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Matteo wrote: »
    Where is the wall in this forum? And what is this writing on other peoples walls about?

@Matteo your wall appears in your user profile. Your profile is a bit like a Facebook page. Other people can post comments on it. I just posted a comment on your wall...

Ok, I'm not so familiar with Facebook, but I think I understand. Anyway, the bookmark function is definitely something I will use.