DjangoBooks.com

NEW FORUM!

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    " Reactions: you can react to a post with one of four reactions below each message ( i.e. Funny, Wow, Scholarly, Artistic.) A nice way to give feedback without having to compose a full post."

Only you americans can imagine such a solution!
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    You could be right. I was thinking the same thing.
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    My reaction after a week or so: I like some of the new features but it isn't as "fun" as the old site. I don't look forward to logging on to see what's up in the Gypsy Jazz world. Maybe I'll practice more, instead. I wonder why the pages open so slowly. It seems to take 3-5 seconds per page. It's not like I'm in Paris or Rome, unfortunately, but in California. Of course I appreciate Michael's effort to improve things
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 4,742
    spatzo wrote: »
    " Reactions: you can react to a post with one of four reactions below each message ( i.e. Funny, Wow, Scholarly, Artistic.) A nice way to give feedback without having to compose a full post."

Only you americans can imagine such a solution!

:laugh: I wish I could give you one of each but it's only one at the time.
    I'm Bosnian but one thing I learned about Americans while living here is they are practical people and that's just it.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Will if I have time...feel free to post an FAQ if you'd like! :D

Let's just hope you'll get closer to everyone's liking very soon.
    But seriously, lets not get too serious about stuff.
    To me the purpose of this forum is to get information, but most of all to connect with like minded people.
    And that it does a 100% perfect job with, the rest is technicalities.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • I find it more fun to use ...
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    To Each His Own

Does Everything I Need And More

:party:

pick on

pickitjohn
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I should mention that the primary reason for upgrading the forum was not to impress everyone with all the latest bells and whistles, but rather to fix a number of backend integration and administrative issues that were problematic with the old software. Spam control, social/single login, and better integration with the rest of the site were lacking, so that's why I chose to switch to this platform. I hope that those of you who aren't as comfortable with the new format will adapt over time as overall it will be a better solution as we move forward.

Thanks for your patience....

:bow:
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    jonpowl wrote: »
    I wonder why the pages open so slowly. It seems to take 3-5 seconds per page. It's not like I'm in Paris or Rome, unfortunately, but in California.

@jonpowl The server is actually in Irvine!

I just did some speed optimization to the server and it is absolutely flying on my end. Hopefully you'll now experience faster load times.