DjangoBooks.com

NEW FORUM!

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I just don't like the new format, it's a great resource of course, and I'm not so shallow as to dislike things just for the sake of it (as Adrian seems to be suggesting),but having been a poster for many years I find the new forum stark and unappealing. Apart from that all good.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    New Post Attention Flag

One time yesterday when I first opened the forum page a kind of small colorful sticky note saying new post with appropriate # of new post appeared over my unread discussions.

Loved it, however haven't seen it again. :-c

@MichaelHorowitz was that a test or my imagination?

Gets my vote

pick on

pickitjohn
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    New Post Attention Flag

One time yesterday when I first opened the forum page a kind of small colorful sticky note saying new post with appropriate # of new post appeared over my unread discussions.

The forum does display a yellow new post count by default, but that seemed to disappear when I made some other changes. Not sure why it showed up that one time.

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    [How] can I delete one of my old post?
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    MH Having a problem making comments when I hit the post comment button there is no reaction and the Leave a comment box still contains the comment, yet it has posted , which I can see it I refresh the page, but the comment still remains in the comment box. Seems a bit odd ?
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    MH Having a problem making comments when I hit the post comment button there is no reaction and the Leave a comment box still contains the comment, yet it has posted , which I can see it I refresh the page, but the comment still remains in the comment box. Seems a bit odd ?
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Hey Al

I had the same problem in one discussion panel. I went back into that discussion deleted what was left in the comment box, made a post saying "test clearing last post" posted it then it cleared up.

hope that helps

pick on

pickitjohn
    re yellow "#new" label, I get it in mobile format on my phone, but not on the PC. I'm logged in on both. Grey/white thing is the same on both so that's working.

On the different note, maybe consider a new topic or FAQ listing features and things related to design of the new forum that are permanent vs ones that still in transition?
    Seems like you've explained about a dozen times in this one topic how current layout and a color scheme is only temporary.
    You're a patient man.

PS don't like the layout and the white color scheme ;)
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Al Watsky wrote: »

The auto save should clear after the comment is posted. Might be a bug, but not a bad one. You can always just delete the old text when you make a new comment. Hopefully the next upgrade will eliminate that issue, although it's never happened to me. What browser are you using?

edited December 2013 Posts: 6,153
    @Buco wrote: »
    re yellow "#new" label, I get it in mobile format on my phone, but not on the PC. I'm logged in on both. Grey/white thing is the same on both so that's working.

Yeah, the mobile skin still displays the yellow new message notifications it as it's a default skin.
    On the different note, maybe consider a new topic or FAQ listing features and things related to design of the new forum that are permanent vs ones that still in transition?

Will if I have time....feel free to post an FAQ if you'd like! :D