DjangoBooks.com

NEW FORUM!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 6,152
    Matteo wrote: »
    With my computer I'm sent to the last post of a thread when I click on it's headline on the front page.

@Matteo Good, that is how it should function.

But I still don't see any edit/spell check/tools button. I use Safari on a Mac.

The edit button is the little sprocket on the upper right of the post. In Firefox or IE it appears when you mouse over it. On my iPad it appears when you click on the user name so maybe that's how it will function on a Mac.

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    The new format... Totally clown shoes. The old one was so spot on.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    With my computer I'm sent to the last post of a thread when I click on it's headline on the front page.
    Now it works on the Ipad too, again! It seems like the forum was embedded in the web shop for a while and that's when it didn't work. I got a strange URL too, as if I was in the section for events in North America when I was on the front page. Perhaps there were some problems with integrating the forum with the web shop? Again, good luck with your further work, this place is a gold mine!
    Now it works on the Ipad too, again! It seems like the forum was embedded in the web shop for a while and that's when it didn't work. I got a strange URL too, as if I was in the section for events in North America when I was on the front page. Perhaps there were some problems with integrating the forum with the web shop? Again, good luck with your further work, this place is a gold mine!

Oh, i see! You were browsing last night while I was testing the embedded version. That explains the issue. I'll make sure everything works correctly when the embedding is complete.

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited December 2013 Posts: 1,454
    It's working somewhat better now. I still find the colours loud, and can you disable this spammy kind of stuff (or alternatively, is there a preference setting some where I can just disable it on my end?)

8504690dfa26aff899e67098e1c7a7.png
    @wim The reactions bar should be invisible unless you mouse over it. To keep it hidden just don't mouse over it. It's just experimental. It's a very popular feature on other forums so I thought I'd give it a try. If people don't like it or no one is using it, I can easily disable it.

It's sort of grown on me...I like the fact that I can simpy say I like something without having to write a full post. It keeps the threads from getting full of on line posts of "cool" and "awesome."

The theme isn't is finalized yet so the color scheme may vary in the final version. Thanks for the feedback...
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    site is a confused and confusing mess
    i am w/ Rimm
    @tomcunn

Sorry you don't like it. Can you be more specific? What elements of this layout are giving you trouble?
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Hey, just stumbled across the new forum design and wanted to say it looks nice!

@MichaelHorowitz: I've been building web sites for 14 years and can assure you that complaints about redesigns/relaunches are inevitable. People don't like change. :-)

If negative feedback is too much of a downer, just consider this amusing irony: next time the site is redesigned (in five years or whenever), the same people who are complaining now about this Version Two will be complaining about how much better Version Two was than Version Three...

Yay progress!
  • Craig DenneyCraig Denney Columbus, Ohio✭✭ 2011 Zwinakis
    edited December 2013 Posts: 43
    I really like the look of the new forum. It's much easier to read, and the font seems bigger...which is nice!! Easy viewing is one of the most important aspects to me. I'm more of a reader than a poster, so for my needs it suits me well.

No one likes change...especially me! But I thought that the purpose of this forum is to bring a small community of musicians together to learn and share music and information about the music we love. Everyone still has access to all of that great stuff. So what if it's presented differently?

To my knowledge there isn't another Gypsy Jazz forum in North America. And we have @MichaelHorowitz to thank for that.

Thanks, Michael! I love it!!!