DjangoBooks.com

NEW FORUM!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 6,153
    All smilies are operational!

:point: :giggle: :peace: :laugh: :) :shock: :cry::(;):D :lashes: :hug: :question: :love::blush: :P :party:

:-* :broken: :shake: :clown: :mad: :> B-) :-S scared: :whew: :| :eyes: :rofl: O:-) :-B =; I-)

8-| L-) :-& :-$ [-( 8-} :yawn: :mouth: :scratch: :hmmm: #-o :clap: :-SS @-) :^o :-w :-<

:yelp: :

:bow: :-j :-c ~X( :-h :-t 8-> %-( :oops: X_X :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^ :? :ar!
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    I have to say the biggest shock to me with the new forum look was the automatic default profile image. I must have gotten the ugliest cartoon face of them all! So I had to come up with something else, and quickly too. Played around with an old photo and Photoshop Touch on my Ipad. At least, that's my guitar next to my words here. Never bothered about a profile image earlier, ha ha! :laugh:
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Matteo wrote: »
    I have to say the biggest shock to me with the new forum look was the automatic default profile image. I must have gotten the ugliest cartoon face of them all! So I had to come up with something else, and quickly too. Played around with an old photo and Photoshop Touch on my Ipad. At least, that's my guitar next to my words here. Never bothered about a profile image earlier, ha ha! :laugh:

I just tried to change mine, but was told I don't have permission...
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    edited December 2013 Posts: 298
    I will try not to pass judgement on the new format too soon. However, I don't seem to have permission to change my profile pic :cry:

And there doesn't seem to be a link back to Django books. Am I blind? :-B
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Thanks so much Michael :bow:

Great Job :bow: :bow: :bow:

You all know the tune, sing along

Jingle bells, Jingle bells,
    Jingle, all the way
    Oh what FUN it is to ride
    "THIS FORUM EVERY DAY" :peace: :love:;)

I Am Wowed, by how Funny, Artistic, and Scholarly, you are

must be badge time

pick on

pickitjohn
    kevingcox wrote: »
    I will try not to pass judgement on the new format too soon. However, I don't seem to have permission to change my profile pic :cry:

Sorry, I updated the permissions. You can now edit your profile and update your avatar.
    And there doesn't seem to be a link back to Django books. Am I blind? :-B
    Jon wrote: »
    I miss seeing the latest posts on right hand side the Djangobooks homepage. That was nice, as I could go there, see the latest guitars and forum posts in the same place...

There will still be a feed of new posts, but it will be on the store splash page which will be the new landing page for DjangoBooks. The Blog and forum will be integrated into the store so there will be just one nav bar and login for everything. The integration should be done soon, please bear with me until then. Thanks!

• kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Cool Michael, thanks!
    I always thought the blog page was a little redundant. With forum and store pages I never used the blog for anything but to check out the latest posts. Store page already shows latest guitars so I never used blog for that, and layout is much better on the store page too.

Interesting how the new format revived the whole forum. Some topics that were dormant for a while are cooking again.

Buco
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Buco wrote: »
    I always thought the blog page was a little redundant. With forum and store pages I never used the blog for anything but to check out the latest posts. Store page already shows latest guitars so I never used blog for that, and layout is much better on the store page too.

@Buco Exactly! When I started djangobooks over ten years ago it was conceived of as a publishing business. So the blog was setup to showcase my books and the store was secondary to that. Over the years, the store and the forum became the focus of the site and the blog became redundant. It's funny to look back at my first site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030411215800/http://djangobooks.com/
    Interesting how the new format revived the whole forum. Some topics that were dormant for a while are cooking again.

Yes, nice to see!
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    is it, or will it be, searchable?