DjangoBooks.com

Picks

Comments

@stuart what happened to your video? I was looking forward to watching it when I get home and it's gone.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    My list is too long to admit but the only ones that get any use now are blue chip KS60 and SR60 mostly the former since I got it.
    I did get the Rino PVC pipe special at DiJ and I gotta say it's as good as any other much pricier ones blue chip withstanding. Fat tone, warm sounding, will make sure you are heard, gets the job done.
    It's a matter of taste and personal feel mind you.
    Jazzaferri
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Hey Buco I agree with you on the Rino pick. It adds some instant decibels with seemingly no extra effort. At $10 you can't beat it, considering the prices on some picks.

How many others here bought one?
  • I played one during one of his classes. I couldn't see myself using that in a real playing situation. It shows what a beast Rino is.
    Oh yeah, why? I thought they're really great picks, I just weaned myself off from thick picks but I liked it more than Djangojazz I had to compare it with.
    Actually maybe I'll try to thin it out 'cause I really like the sound I get with it it's just too clicky for me.
    @stuart it's set as a private video, can't view it.
  • Hmmmm....sure am glad my pick search is over...LOL
    Buco
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Thank you, fun video!
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 3,707
    Great video @stuart stepping back from this a bit, people must think we GJ's are a bit obsessive about gear.....until one looks at the pedal boards of some electric guitar players...then we can relax in the understanding it's the nature of the beast.

Upon reflection, I think for many beginners and intermediate players this video will be very helpful
    Buco
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Good point Jay. Although I was a minimalist in my electric days, only an envelope filter along with my amp's floor pedal to switch between clean and distorted sound. My obsession with picks really kicked in when I wanted to get a warmer tone out of my guitar. Blue Chip SR60 totally did just that.