DjangoBooks.com

Picks

Comments

• altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo

Mandobart wrote: »
    I just heard about and got some of these JTS picks. My normal go to pick for mandolin and guitar are the Wegen M200's. I found them very similar in size, shape and feel as a Wegen M200. They have a shallow tri-foil design in the center that helps grip more than a purely smooth pick. These feel thicker and a little more substantial than my Wegens. Bevel is the same direction and very similar to my right handed Wegens. And they are fairly cheap. I also have a couple Blue chips but I prefer the Wegen picks to them.

As if I really needed any more, I checked out the JT's picks. Just got them today. I got the sampler pack of the rounded 2mm pick. My initial impression is very good. I'll be the first to admit that my la Pompe sucks, but certain picks make it suck less. This is one of those picks. For leads it glides nicely over the strings. All in all, it's a nice design. I am still figuring out which material I like best. And you can't beat the price.

I am nursing a pretty heavy pick addiction. My wife thinks that I am crazy. She may be right.
    Buco
    alton wrote: »
    I am nursing a pretty heavy pick addiction. My wife thinks that I am crazy. She may be right.

:D
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    OK, so I go in two weeks from zero gypsy jazz style picks to 20! That one in the center is the same .73 Dunlop Nylon style I have been using for about the last 25 years........Someone stop me!
    MichaelHorowitzaltonBuco
    You need at least another square foot before you should worry yourself.
    altonwoodamand
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Buco wrote: »
    You need at least another square foot before you should worry yourself.

That's what I am going to tell my wife the next time I buy more picks! And when I lay them all out, I will make sure they are as close together as possible. The pick-to-square foot ratio shall be high.
    Buco
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I have tried Wegens, Dugains, all kinds of Dunlops (for many years I used the small Dunlop Jazz 3 picks), Picks made of bone, picks made of rosewood, pick made of Ebony and even obtained a couple of genuine Tortoise picks.

My favorite are the Dunlop purple Delrin picks. I tried those because I saw Bireli use them at a show and anything that works for him is something I want to try!. They have been my only pick for gigs in all genres for a few years now and I feel lucky that the pick I like is a pretty low cost option.
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    I have tried Wegens, Dugains, all kinds of Dunlops (for many years I used the small Dunlop Jazz 3 picks), Picks made of bone, picks made of rosewood, pick made of Ebony and even obtained a couple of genuine Tortoise picks.

My favorite are the Dunlop purple Delrin picks. I tried those because I saw Bireli use them at a show and anything that works for him is something I want to try!. They have been my only pick for gigs in all genres for a few years now and I feel lucky that the pick I like is a pretty low cost option.

I've been digging into these too, Dario Napoli turned me onto them.

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I use the 1.5's
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭
    My favorite is a piece of a dead seaturtle, specifically from the neck. Thick but flexible. But a little hard to replace
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭
    Have y

Have you tried toothpicks? Very low cost too. ;-)